Firearms offences can include the following:
- Possession, purchase or acquisition of a prohibited weapon or ammunition
- Possession, purchase or acquisition of a firearm/ammunition/shotgun without a certificate
- Carrying a firearm in a public place
- Possession of firearm with intent to endanger life
- Possession of firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence
- Use of firearm or imitation firearm to resist arrest/
- Carrying firearm or imitation firearm with criminal intent
- Manufacture/sell or transfer/possess for sale or transfer/purchase or acquire for sale or transfer prohibited weapon or ammunition
Charges involving firearms can carry a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
At Penman Sedgwick we have a team of expert lawyers in firearm offences. If you are being investigated or prosecuted, our expert firearms solicitors can assist to give you robust advice to achieve the best outcome for you. Contact us on 01923 225212 or using our contact form.
Penman Sedgwick's opening hours:
Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm