The commercial property team at Penman Sedgwick is a dynamic team of ex-City lawyers experienced in dealing with the demands and pressures of today’s commercial property world.
We specialise in helping our clients to buy, sell, develop and let their land, shops, offices and other business premises and we can help you with all aspects of your property transaction.
Our team’s primary role is to protect all your commercial property interests. However we never lose sight of commercial reality and we aim, where appropriate, to provide practical solutions.
We have a strong reputation for our expertise in commercial property work and we are proud of the quality of service we provide to clients.
We act for a variety of clients ranging from individuals who have invested in property to generate an income or who are renting a property for business purposes, to publicly quoted companies.
Advice on the acquisition and sale of leasehold and freehold properties for the purpose of occupation, investment or development (see our Property Development page for information on development work)
- Advice for both landlords & tenants on commercial leases including:
- Granting new leases
- Surrendering existing leases
- Exercising break rights in leases
- Extending or varying leases
- Assigning or subletting leases
- Granting consents
- Acting for banks and their customers in relation to secured lending
- VAT, Stamp Duty Land Tax and other tax implications
- Sales and purchases of properties at auction
- Advice on rights of way and other easements
- Advice on property covenants relating to commercial property