Grant Only Applications
This is a service we provide for clients who need to obtain a UK Grant of Representation (Probate or Letters of Administration).
It is ideal if you are administering an estate personally because it is very straightforward and / or of low value.
It is also useful for UK residents not wishing to take time off work to fill in all of the official personal application forms and attend the compulsory interview at the Probate Registry or Probate Office.
There is also a saving to be made, as the Probate Court Fees are lower where the application is made through a solicitor than they are if the application is made in person.
Our service includes:
An initial interview to confirm the information required from you
- Drafting the appropriate Inland Revenue Account and Oath for Executors / Administrators and forwarding copies to you for approval
- Obtaining funds from you to cover the Inheritance Tax payable on application (if applicable)
- Paying the Inheritance Tax payable on application and obtaining the appropriate receipt
- Applying to the Probate Registry for the Grant of Representation
- Supplying you with an agreed number of sealed copies of the Grant