Road Traffic Offence Fees
Costs of Road Offences
For summary only road traffic matters (cases that can only be heard in the Magistrates Court). Our basic fee is £750 plus VAT.
Our basic fee includes:
- Considering initial evidence provided by the CPS
- Taking your instructions
- Advising as to plea (not guilty or guilty)
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court
- Providing advice on likely sentence (in the event of a guilty plea or after trial) or the options available to the Court in the absence of appropriate guidelines
- Advice regarding to merits of either special reasons or exceptional hardship applications
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
- Advice as to further preparation required
- Estimate of further costs in the event of a trial or adjourned hearing eg: for special reasons or trial
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses including character references
- Advice and assistance in relation to a ‘special reasons’, ‘exceptional hardship’ or other legal argument hearings
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- Meeting with your solicitor to discuss what happened at Court
- After your hearing we will advise of any further preparatory work that is required, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day
We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If you need any advice relating to road traffic offences please contact us, and we will respond as soon as possible, or call us on 01923 225212.